Foster Grandparent Program
- Thirty-eight percent of our Foster Grandparent volunteers serve 30 to 40 hours per week (more than double the minimum time commitment of 5 hours per week)!
- These volunteers are represented at 43 different sites in Northern Nevada and are under supervision of teachers, counselors, and detention personnel. Sites include Title 1 schools K-12, KidsKottage, Jan Evans Juvenile Services, Boys and Girls Club of the Truckee Meadows (and Mason Valley), TruVista Family Drug Court, and the Washoe County District’s Truancy Department.
- The goals are to help children meet academic goals, improve social development, and remain engaged in school.
- Grandparent volunteers contributed 89,000 service hours during fiscal year 2018. The estimated value of their service is $2,263,270 (Independent Sector, 2018, Value of Volunteer Hour/Nevada = $25.43)
Senior Companion Program of Northern Nevada
- The longest serving volunteer has given 19 years of service to help seniors in our community.
- We have 50 volunteers who must commit to a minimum of 5 hours per week. Thirty-four percent (34%) contribute 30-40 hours per week.
- In fiscal year 2018 they provided 48,000 hours of service for an estimated value of $1,220,640 (Independent Sector, Value of the Volunteer Hour, Nevada, 2018 = $25.43).
- This program provided services to 320 unduplicated clients during fiscal year 2018.